Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Committed Heart

“Most people fail at whatever they attempt because of an undecided heart. Should I? Should I not? Go forward? Go back? Success requires the emotional balance of a committed heart. When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart searches for an escape. A committed heart does not wait for conditions to be exactly right. Why? Because conditions are never exactly right.” - Andy Andrews.

I found this as I was doing my usual Sunday morning skipping around the Internet for blog ideas, and it hit me as not only a great quote, but probably the one reason my entire life has been such a mess of indecision.  And to make matters worse it's not usually MY heart that is undecided or uncommitted, but rather the others surrounding me.  Which of course effects me in ways I cannot control and  am forced then to abandon or wait for change.

So my wish for us all this New Year is to be able to really feel, take a breath and have a committed heart.  A decision made purely of logic without your heart involved is doomed to failure.  I shall let my favorite band say it for me:
"Let the truth of love be lighted.
Let the love of truth shine clear.
Sensibility.
Armed with sense and liberty.
With the heart and mind united in a single
Perfect
Sphere."- RUSH- Hemispheres

No comments:

Post a Comment