Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coincidence or Connection?

Strange things happen to me all the time.  I call people when they are sick or upset and I don't even know it, I just can't stop thinking about them and I call.  Sometimes it's just that they are thinking about me and I pick up on it.  My kids and I call it my 'spider sense', and it's never really wrong.  Sometimes I'm not sure who to call, and I send out a group text or e-mail, but I can tell when something is 'off' or someone needs me and misses me.  It's uncanny.

It happened again to me the other night and it made me wonder about how connected we are.  I've been pretty sick since Wednesday with bronchitis, and so I haven't been at work or on line or checking e-mails or my normal daily routine.  I've been mostly sleeping and trying to get better, watching DVD'S and reading.  And Friday night I happened to walk by my purse and felt that spider sense click on and checked my phone.  I hadn't turned my phone on from quiet mode since my last day at work on Tuesday.  So I didn't hear the text message signal that I normally would have.  And sure enough, a minute prior, a good friend of mine, who I've been missing all week had sent me a message.  Apparently he missed me too.

Something made me look at the phone at that moment, or I would not have gotten the text for hours or maybe days later.  We had a nice talk, and it made me smile to know I was missed.  It also made me realize that our connection is still very strong.

It reminded me that we all just need to be more open to our feelings and trust them more.  "Trust your gut!" my mom use to say, and she was right.  I think it takes a lot of courage to trust our instincts, and our gut all the time.  Sometimes our gut tells us things that are just to monumental to try, but I think if we have the inspiration to do something, the dream of it, then the desire is already there.  The next step is to just do it.  And while in the real world that might take money or time or planning, there is no time like the present to start saving, and planing for that future you want to have.

Live the life you envision.   Trust your gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment