Sunday, November 21, 2010

Time To Think About What We Are Thankful For. . .

Well, that seems easy doesn't it? Everyone I'm sure is very thankful for their jobs so they can provide a roof over their heads and food and clothes to sustain their bodies from hunger and cold. And while I'm no different, I have been feeling sorry for myself because I'm alone. As in without a partner. ME! The girl who never needed a man to define her....wtf? right?

This July and this September and November I've been reminded about how much I am missed by old friends that I have not made the time for for in years. And I've come to realize that while I am very happy with my friends and family whom have stood by me for either their entire lives, or mine, or many decades as it were; I'm pleasantly surprised by my friends and loved ones that while appeared gone, never really left.

Our hearts it seems are still in the same good places they were when we were at our best together. And the negative feelings of why we stopped seeing each other have either been explained away or don't really matter anymore. And I have to tell you that it has felt very good to make the reconnection with them. It has felt like a missing piece to the puzzle of my life has been found. Whew. . . .I'd been looking for that. Thanks.

So this Thanksgiving I'm going to be thankful for that fact I've forgotten, and pass it along to you just in case you have forgotten it to.

You are never alone. Even if you feel like it. Reach out to the people you care about, even if it's been years. You might be surprised at the love that is still waiting there for you to share. True friendship and love never dies, even if it's hidden under some misunderstanding or circumstances that you can't change, REAL feelings just don't go away.

Remember this, and even it is scary or you are afraid of failure like I was and constantly am. . . follow your heart always.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment