Sunday, June 27, 2010

When can you have too much experience?

After finishing my third week of unemployment(almost 6 months total) I am discovering that the general consensus is, and I quote, "We really liked Jill, we just feel that she is so overqualified that she'll be bored in this position." What the HOUSE! I'm getting so sick of hearing this. Of course I realize I'm overqualified, EVERYONE in this market is overqualified. Of course I realize I might be bored. So WHAT? Everyone gets bored in their jobs sometime, or we sometimes have to do boring jobs. I'm a professional. If i didn't want to do the work, i wouldn't be applying for the job.

Of course my unemployment is over, (temporary jobs can really mess with your unemployment....fair warning) and my saving is almost gone, and while thanks to my recent reading of Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway, makes me still feel in control, in power and not a failure. I'm very worried about money now. I hate worrying about money. Makes me feel guilty for every dime I spend for anything other than bills and food. But at least I still have two jobs from last weeks interviews in the running. Perhaps one of them will want to give me a chance to work for them and show them what an overqualified professional can really accomplish.

Of course, this is not the only place in my life I feel overqualified. I feel overqualified in the relationship department too. You know, the whole I've been married a few times, had a few lovers or boyfriends through the years and I think I've got this down now. Kind of figured out what not to do from my own, and my ex's mistakes. Oh and lets not forget what a lot of partners teaches you in the bedroom. I think I'm overqualified for most partners. So when I find one that really gets to me, doesn't it make sense that I never want to let him go?

Starting to fall in love with thunderstorms now...Let it rain!...Bring on the thunder and lightning!

*************WE APOLOGIZE FOR THAT PRIVATE MESSAGE THAT SOMEHOW FOUND IT'S WAY INTO A PUBLIC BLOG...WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN AND THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE HAVE BEEN SACKED, AS WE FOUND THEY WERE 'OVERQUALIFIED'*****************

Sorry about that, I must have temporarily lost my mind for a minute....I blame it on waking up to light rain and thunder.

Send positive energy to the universe for me, and I promise I'll send it back. I know I'll find a job. Can't it just be tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment